The purpose of this role is to administer, coordinate and support several tasks and challenges at the Design Center California. This role requires high flexibility as the role includes but is not limited to handling all compliance and risk management topics for the DCC, assisting the Director with administrational tasks, supporting the DCC and finance department with tracking of DCC related business reports and purchase orders, assisting in design projects as needed and serving as first contact for DCC Security.
• Manage electronic schedules to ensure efficient time management. Schedule routine departmental meetings, prepare agendas, take meeting minutes & ensure timely follow-up for tasks assigned to the team during meetings. Proactively follow-up on outstanding tasks & issues.
• Travel support for Studio Director
• Prepare, submit & track expense reports & maintain records of financial documentation.
• Identifies building-related issues and works with Property Management Company for resolution.
• Act as Federal Express administrator for department, order office supplies, maintain office supply cabinet/resources, & prepare OA, catering & other requests on behalf of senior leaders & team members as required.
• Support the new hire process (document verification, IT and security setup, organizational support)
• Administers all incoming invoices, obtains management approval, and processes for payment via purchase order or check request process; ensures payments are executed to target pay schedules.
• Reconciles General Ledger (GL) accounts and ensures GL accounts are complete and accurate for presentations.
• Reconciles invoice payable status with DCC’s monthly performance report and identifies incorrect charges, processes and initiates journal entries, and implements corrective actions including follow-up.
• Prepares, submits, and tracks expense reports and maintains records for management.
• Establish & track administrative & discretionary budgets. Access & track monthly Budget Performance reports for individual cost centers, review for discrepancies & reverse where possible. Prepare accruals, collect back-up documentation, submit to Finance, prepare check requests for payment, & reconcile payments against accruals.
• Prepares project offer letters, tracks status and follows through the project process from start to finish.
• Maintains reports on the status and cost of all projects.
• Administrates the purchasing process for the studio operations and project related needs.
• Assists projects from sketch phase through full-size model when needed
• Gathers and compiles information and/or data as requested and reports to Senior Management and Project leaders.
• Reviews external contractor’s expense/timesheets as related to projects
Maintains the master project list
• Reviews operational procedures and recommends improvements to increase efficiency
Compliance and Risk Management
• Responsible for the creation, maintenance, control and continual improvement of core processes and work instructions at the DCC.
• Considers requirements and guidelines as well as relevant compliance requirements for the creation and maintenance of core processes and work instructions.
• Collaborates with Governance and Management Systems colleagues regarding key business functions and topics to ensure consistency and efficiency on an ongoing basis.
• Collaborates with leadership to develop, review and update all core processes and work instructions on a rotational basis to ensure most current information and improvements are captured.
• Maintains awareness of operational changes within different teams, and captures and documents pertinent changes in core processes and work instructions accordingly.
• Proactively identifies the need for updates to existing core processes and work instructions based on knowledge or communication about new, misinterpreted or updated information.
• Maintains an understanding of current content of policies, core processes and work instructions as well as the overall process governance system and assists during internal and external audits as necessary.
• Considers data governance guidelines when creating, updating, communicating and retaining process related documentation and other relevant documents and records.
• Supports management with communicating process and policy updates to all interested parties.
• Assists with ensuring facility-wide and consistent adherence to corporate policies as well as internal processes and policies.
• Generates, maintains and submits PCMS, QMS and ICS tracker files and reports on scheduled basis.
• Acts as a subject matter expert to assist the business in identifying and assessing key risks and control points as well as gaps and overlaps relating to potential exposure to risks associated with each touch point and decision point.
• Supports the risk management process through the recording of risks, countermeasures and management controls. Test the effectiveness of internal controls.
• Management and monitoring of compliance with targets for the DCC.
• Actively promotes awareness of company’s integrity and compliance related efforts.
• Serves as DCC Security Contact
• Serves as first point of contact when guests visit the DCC
• Follows registration processes and ensures visitor’s accessibility
• Liaises with department heads on the subject of security protocol as described by Security.
• Serves as point of contact for Security Department; manages all perceived DCC building security issues.
• Manages the vehicle fleet and sources specialty competitor vehicles for comparison.
• Distributes the Labor Law documentation/information at the workplace
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in the following functions:
- Administration (Office, Accounting, Building)
- Project Coordination
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field or equivalent
• German language
• Knowledge of Design Studio architecture and operatio