The Financial Services Rep is responsible for the processing of all monies received by the Service Centers and responsible for ensuring the timely and correct daily processing of all payments for the Company including manual processing and verifying invoice payments in the Accounts Payable system. Other responsibilities include maintenance and reconciliation of all Accounts Payable activity and the proper identification and notification of all payments received to ensure the correct updating of customer receivables.
• Responsible for preparing and populating the daily payment spreadsheets.
• Creatively uses all database tools to research and identify checks without account numbers.
• Assists in the preparation of the daily bank deposit and General Ledger vouchers.
• Adheres to Cash Control internal control matrix to mitigate company’s risk and or loss.
• Assist in daily and monthly cash reconciliation against our bank statement to ensure deposits are accurately maintained and credited to general ledger.
• Performs analysis with current department process and identify process improvement ideas for department.
• Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments. Daily average $30-$40 million per day
• Verify vendor invoices, check requests, customer and dealer payments.
• Responsible for verifying invoice entry for accuracy and approval for payment
• Responsible for the check escheatment process and working with the vendor to ensure all state requirements are satisfied and deadlines are met.
• 1099 reporting, and Bank Reconciliations
• Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records for compliance and auditing and assist other Accounting departments with research on transactions
• Reconcile accounts payable transactions
• Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date and to make sure that duplicate payments aren’t processed
• Maintain vendor files for auditing purposes and to avoid duplicate vendors
• Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries for all
• The Rep will interact with the coordinators on the daily processing as well as assisting and training on process and procedures as they are updated or implemented
• Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures.
• Ability to meet deadlines with various projects, reports, and any other tasks given by Management.
• 0-2 years of experience
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
• Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
• Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
• Integration – joining people, processes or systems
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Problem solving
• Resource management
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles to reconcile and balance credits on daily basis to general ledger.
• Answering and providing exceptional customer service to our customers and vendors
• Have the propensity to lead discussions during escalated issues and being able to resolve issues to ensure accurate credits for general ledger.
• 1-2 years of experience in Financial Services industry
• Finance experience
• Accounts receivable experience
• No travel or unique physical requirements